Batman: Origin Life History Movies and Some Facts
In this section, we’ll go over everything Batman: Origin Life History Movies and Some Facts in a nutshell. His fans may already be aware of much more than the points mentioned, but for those who are unfamiliar with the intricacies of Batman, this is the place to start.
Batman doesn’t actually need any introduction. His fame has no linguistic and demographic boundaries. From kids to adults everyone knows the name of Batman. He has become a brand ever since he was launched in the market.
Batman is a fictional superhero which was created by Bob Kane for the very famous American comic, known as Detective Comics or DC Comics. His personality and identity were expressed by the writer named Bill Finger. Since then, he has been seen in various cartoons, movies, games, and as toys as well.
Batman originated in 1939 in the famous Detective Comics. The actual person behind the face of Batman is named Bruce Wayne. The murder of Wayne’s parents led him to become Batman. With this alter ego, he wished to punish all the criminals and take revenge for his parent’s murder.
When Bruce Wayne was 8 years old, a criminal named Joe Chill killed his parents while returning from the movie theater. He then decided to train himself physically to become strong and punish such criminals. But later, he came to the conclusion that he might need to use an alternative personality. It was only then, that Wayne decided to use the personality of a Bat, and hence, Batman was created.
Life History of Batman
Let’s have a brief look at some major events that happened during Batman’s life journey:
- Batman aka Bruce Wayne and his parents, Dr. Thomas Wayne and Martha lived in Gotham City.
- At the age of three years old, Wayne’s never-born brother was killed by the Court of Owls. The incident took place as a car accident, fortunately, Martha survived.
- His parents were killed by Joe Chill. After his parent’s death, he once tried to commit suicide. But decided to take revenge on the murderers by killing and punishing them.
- Bruce took admission to Gotham Academy where he had his first relationship with a girl named Julie Madison. But eventually his relationship ended.
- When he was 18 years old, he had been studying at Roxbury Academy where he had another relationship with a girl named Erin McKillen.
- He began his physical and intellectual training at the age of 19 years old.
- After years of practice and traveling to learn different forms and sciences, he finally managed to start his journey as Batman.
To understand the life history of Batman, you must watch all the movies or read the original books based on him. The story is truly interesting and engaging, that is why he is loved by people from all around the world.
List of Batman Movies
Batman, ever since its success, became a Franchise. Many cartoons, animated movies, and books featured Batman. In some plays and movies, Batman was seen as a side character as well.
The first-ever movie of Batman was released in the year 1966 and the name of the movie is Batman: The Movie. The first-ever serial made on Batman was released way before the movie, in the year 1943 which was played by an actor named Lewis Wilson.
Out of the unlimited movies of Batman, where he featured as a side role or was the lead, some selected movies are a crucial part of his career.
The List of Batman Movies is as follows:
- Batman: The Movie (Year 1966)
- Batman (Year 1989)
- Batman Returns (Year 1992)
- Batman Forever (Year 1995)
- Batman and Robin (Year 1997)
- Batman Begins (Year 2005)
- The Dark Knight ( Year 2008)
- The Dark Knight Rises (Year 2012)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Year 2016)
- Suicide Squad (Year 2016)
- Justice League (Year 2017)
- The Lego Batman Movie (Year 2017)
- Joker (Year 2019)
- The Batman (Year 2022) – to be released
You can watch these movies according to the given order, to understand the life of Batman more clearly. If you’re not a fan of movies, then worry not! Batman is even available in cartoons, books, and animated movies as well. Or you can just read about his journey and life on the internet.
20 Fun Facts About Batman
Batman is technically 79 years old. It is obvious for a character that old to have some fun and interesting facts about himself.
Without wasting much time, let’s have a look at 20 Fun Facts About Batman:
- In the movie Batman Returns which was released in 1992, real penguins were used while shooting which cost more than $1Million.
- Batman’s original masks were replaced with slightly shorter ears so he could fit into the Batmobile.
- You can learn a course named “The Science of Batman” at the University of Victoria, Canada.
- The original Catwoman was supposed to be Annette Benning. She was replaced by Michelle Pfeiffer due to her pregnancy.
- Batman and Catwoman had a child together in one of the early comic series.
- Robin was played by different actors throughout the journey of Batman by Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Stephanie Brown, and Damian Wayne.
- Catwoman’s official costume was vacuum sealed due to which it looked like it was painted on Michelle’s body.
- Kevin Conroy has played the role of Batman for the longest duration, as compared to any other actor.
- Kevin Conroy featured in more than 30 different versions of Batman.
- Bruce Wayne is derived from the names of two actual heroes named Robert the Bruce and Anthony Wayne.
- Val Kilmer was replaced by Micheal Keaton in 1995’s release Batman Forever because of demanding more money.
- Batman fell in love with a lot of different women during his journey including Catwoman, Batwoman, and more.
- Batman, the TV show that started in 1966 displayed a total of 120 episodes.
- Batman has an IQ of 192, which is really high.
- Bruce Wayne can be found online by the name of jondoe297.
- Batman loves Soup.
- In Turkey, there’s a city named Batman.
- According to Dr. Wertham, Batman and Robin shared a romantic relationship.
- The value of Batman aka Bruce Wayne is estimated to be around 9 Billion Dollars.
- In the movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the roles of Batman and Superman are played by only one actor, named Ben Affleck.
Bonus Fact related to Batman!
If you type “Bruce Wayne” on google search, you will see the logo of Batman on a lamp. Click on it and see the magic! Try it right now.
Batman is a popular fictional character with millions of fans worldwide, regardless of age, gender, or nationality. For the past 79 years, the show/character has entertained us, and the creators have continued to use the legacy in a positive way.
When was Batman created ?
Batman debuted in May 1939
What is Batman’s IQ?